Sunday 26 August 2007

Potholing in Guildford


Closed, originally uploaded by xrrr.

The state of the streets of Guildford have often caused me to moan. Giant pot holes and rubbish road surfacing. You could blame the council but they are in the process of suing the last contractor who was responsible for road maintenance. The contractor was charging the council but not actually doing the work (I *know* I read this was the case somewhere but I will be blowed if I can find anything on tinternet mentioning this fact).

They must have some new people now as our street has been in the process of being resurfaced for the past week. Well overdue. They have packed up for the bank holiday and left their machinery right outside my house. Gave me an excuse to practice taking photographs. Some highlights.

Joseph Cyril Bamford, originally uploaded by xrrr.


Roller, originally uploaded by xrrr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know you should have been onto www.fixmystreet.com ages ago!