Sunday 16 December 2007

Flickr Stats


Flickr Stats, originally uploaded by xrrr.

At last! Flickr has finally enabled photo stats!

A long awaited feature that provides statistics on what photos are popular and where they were referred from. It just stops short of the much requested 'WHO has been looking at my photos' but is still very cool.

Looking at my stats I can see that on 15 December 2007 I had 332 views and 2 comments. my top viewed picture was 'Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow' at Madame Tussauds with a grand total 51 views yesterday / 232 views this week / 1,484 views all time.


Johnny Depp as Cap'n Jack Sparrow, originally uploaded by xrrr.

Another interesting feature is the ability to see the details of the referrer or in other words the place that linked to my Flickr page. The vast majority of views came from Flickr itself either from postings in discussion groups, photos in pools or searches. The second highest referrer is Yahoo Image Search. Therefore I can see what people were searching for when they ended up looking at my photo. The current all time top 5 views from searches is:
  1. Jack Sparrow
  2. Noob
  3. Mercedes McLaren
  4. 2008 BMW M3
  5. Mercedes Benz
Bizarrely 50% of the Jack Sparrow searches have appeared in the last week. Not sure if my picture managed to get to the front page or whether people have just been searching for Johnny Depp more?!

When I get time, I am sure to be doing a lot more "stat mining" as it is fascinating to see how people are using my photos :-)

No comments: